Old May 27th 18, 05:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Fingers must feel great, manually focusing on a CINE lens!

On 2018-05-25 17:02:57 +0000, newshound said:

On 25/05/2018 00:52, RichA wrote:
A long time ago, I had a Gitzo, like a Studex.* It had rubberized round
lock-rings to secure the leg sections.* After using it for a few hours,
my hand felt like the skin was coming off from all the friction caused
by the lock-rings on the legs.
This guy used a cine lens, with its gears??* Unless the fellow had a
focus-follower or drive gears on the lens.

https://petapixel.com/2018/05/24/how...one-35mm-lens/

Interesting. I've sometimes tried this, just taking the XE-1 with an
EBC 18mm to things like "big birthday" parties to help stay
inconspicuous. I've almost always been a bit disappointed, and found
myself missing the 18-55. The extra light and sharpness of the prime
always pays off well in some shots, of course.

---

This is the classic "Aunt Agda" approach. One camera, one lense, one
family event and one auntie event photographer. Her camera and lense
are usually glued together though... AA usually gives the most bang for
the buck (or cake), and the couple can make that downpayment for the
cradle day one! :-)

I know what you mean, but unlike the OP I'm not a commercial photographer.

You mean the liked PP guy? Well he would have a vested interest in
putting family events into some semi pro sector...

I use the EOS-M with the 22/2.0 as a compact as it slides into the
pocket easier than most premium compacts, like the Fuji X100 series...

Have a looksie: https://camerasize.com/compare/#351,566

Oh agreed, very nice! Available here for £400 with an 18-55 and the
22/2.0 so pretty good value.

The original M? If you want new then the M3 body can be had for about
that and the M6 is really nice. Those can use snap on EVFs in the
hotshoe. The M10 and M100 seem to be closer specked to the original M
but lacks hotshoe, and I'm using it for an FED OVF so I'm not
interested in those but som folks are totally into live view! A good
low milage M can be a bargain used used...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=eos+m&_dcat=31388&Series=Canon%2520EOS %2520M&rt=nc&_sop=15&LH_ItemCondition=3000

But my last SLR was an OM2 so I don't have any nice Canon lenses to go
with it! I have a humble G10 and an even humbler Ixus 850 IS which,
given their age and limitations, still acquit themselves well. I will
in fact be using the G10 as the lead engineer on a forensic
investigation in a couple of weeks (but I'm not going to explain why).

I use the FD 50/1.8 and that an old MF lense so I have a dumb adapter
for that one and the Samyang 12/2.0 is native but dumb too... Olympus
Zuikos for the OM system was mostly great lenses and mostly on par or
better with Nikkor's and Canon FD's back in the eighties... My first
ILC was a OM1, btw...
--
teleportation kills