Old May 25th 18, 08:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Fingers must feel great, manually focusing on a CINE lens!

On May 25, 2018, newshound wrote
(in ):

On 25/05/2018 00:52, RichA wrote:
A long time ago, I had a Gitzo, like a Studex. It had rubberized round
lock-rings to secure the leg sections. After using it for a few hours, my
hand felt like the skin was coming off from all the friction caused by the
lock-rings on the legs.
This guy used a cine lens, with its gears?? Unless the fellow had a
focus-follower or drive gears on the lens.

https://petapixel.com/2018/05/24/how...t-one-35mm-len
s/

Interesting. I've sometimes tried this, just taking the XE-1 with an EBC
18mm to things like "big birthday" parties to help stay inconspicuous.
I've almost always been a bit disappointed, and found myself missing the
18-55. The extra light and sharpness of the prime always pays off well
in some shots, of course.

The Fujinon XF18-55 is a great lens, and performs way above its pay grade. It
is ashame that it has been labelled as a “kit lens”. That said my
currtent favorite Fujinon primes are the XF23mm f/2.0, and the XF16mm f/1.4.
I could use either of those all day, and the 23mm is incredible value. The
much more costly 16mm I got last year when they were having one of the
promotion sales for a $200 discount.

Savageduck