Old April 27th 18, 04:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default The Photoshop "Straighten Tool"?

On Apr 26, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

On 2018-04-23 16:09:27 +0000, PeterN said:

On 4/22/2018 6:23 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
Wide-angle photos have a confusing number of lines.

Which one should be used for straightening the image?

One in the very center perhaps?

When I have several lines, I pick the one I that I feel should be
straight, of course that may vary with the image. I your camera and
lens is listed, The ACR filter has a setting for automatic adjustment.
As nospam suggested, You can also use the WA adjustment tool in PS.

I ordered a boxed DxO ViewPoint 3 today, almost half price compared to
their website. I'm very happy with the trial look forward to have
access to it in Photoshop and Photoline on a longterm basis.

I have an old version of Viewpoint. I use it so rarely that i did not
update it. I found the adjustments in PS worked just fine for my
purposes. YMMV

Mine stopped working as a plugin with CC2018. I can use it as a
standalone but find the upgrade worth while and one nearly must have
for UWA enthusiasts.

If you use PS CC and/or Lightroom Classic CC you should try the Guided
Upright correction available in ACR (both initial ACR processing Camera RAW
filter in PS), and LR in the Develop Module in the Transform Panel.

In PS CC ACR select the Transform Tool, and then Guided Upright.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnc0citq9svn56a/screenshot_297.png

LR CCC is similar, but accessed via the Develop Module, Transform Panel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6bknaogcf8ool5/screenshot_300.png

Savageduck