Old May 28th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Henry Olson

Default Canon and Panasonic: updated models

On Fri, 28 May 2010 12:04:11 -0700, SMS wrote:

On 28/05/10 11:18 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
wrote in message
On 28/05/10 6:05 AM, Bowser wrote:

Yes, I know the issue and I know Navas' tactics very well. He makes
ridiculous claims and never provides any proof to back them. I'll pass
on the banter this time. It's tiring and he's beginning to really bore
me.

I kill-filed him years ago. His lack of knowledge is not limited just to
digital cameras, but extends to other fields as well. It's amusing at
first, then as you stated, it gets boring.

He's a member in good standing of my kill file as well...

The sad thing about John is that, as has been previously pointed out, his
comments seem more intended to justify his purchase than to explore the art
/ science of picture taking.

It's always amusing, though rather sad, to see Usenet (and other forum)
posts where the sole purpose of the poster is to try to justify their
purchase. It's as if it's a personal insult when someone points out even
the slightest flaw in the product and why some other product might be
better.

For most people, there's not a single item they've ever purchased that
they could not point out some issue with, and often they were well aware
of the issue prior to the purchase. If someone asks about something they
own, they're likely to be honest about it and point out both the pros
and cons, and why they made their selection.

As a recent purchaser of a superzoom, I like it, and I believe it can
produce better pics than my Rebel XSi in a limited number of situations, but
the overall nod has to go to the DSLR because of the larger sensor and lens
interchangeability.

For outdoor photos in good light with non-moving subjects, a superzoom
can produce good results, and is certainly more convenient than a D-SLR.
The reason why D-SLR sales are going up so much faster is the situations
where they excel--low light, moving subjects, and better wide angle and
telephoto lenses than the compromise lenses on the ZLRs.

That's all complete and total nonsense coming from a troll that has never
used any of these cameras. EVER.