Old January 27th 04, 01:21 PM
Nick Zentena

Default Roll paper? Is it a crazy idea?

Manny Bhuta wrote:
I use rolls of paper. In my case it is Fuji Crystal Archive Type C and
Fujiflex. Both 20" wide. I have a roll paper dispenser and it makes it quite
easy to cut the paper in exact length. Without a dispenser, it would be very
inconvenient. The roll is rather heavy - about 25 pounds. Towards the end of a
roll, the paper does have curl. But, this is not much of a problem. I use 3M's
#667 double faced adhesive tape to hold the paper flat on my easel, a 20"x39"
drop table with steel plate on top. I have tried other double faced tapes but
they have too much tack and not very satisfactory.

Best part of using roll instead of cut sheets is, as you mentioned, the ability
to cut paper in the exact size needed with minimal waste. It is also a little
less expensive than cut sheets.

I hope this helps.

Thanks tape sounds like a good idea.

Nick