Old June 7th 17, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

If I read that correctly, the answer to my question is "Yes", not
"No", but the contention is that the battery drain is negligible and -
assumedly - will not affect the phone's performance.

then you read it incorrectly.

the only difference in battery drain is in writing a slightly larger
file, taking a tiny fraction of a second longer, a difference so small
that the amount of additional power probably can't be measured, let
alone noticed by the user.

I find it absolutely fascinating the lengths you will go in arguing
that you are right when it's patently obvious that you are wrong. And,
when your own words prove you wrong.

they do not. as usual, you don't understand the issues.

You insist that I am "incorrect" when I allow that the battery drain
is "negligible" by insisting that, instead, "the difference is so
small (that it) can't be measured". What in the hell do you think
"negligible" means? Here's a clue from the dictionary: "Negligible:
so small or unimportant as to be not worth considering,
insignificant".

you said the answer to your question is yes. that is wrong. the answer
is no.

would you consider the battery of your camera to drain faster if you
set it to high compression jpeg (smallest file) versus high quality
jpeg (largest file)? because that's essentially the same thing.

do you worry about a difference in your vehicle's fuel economy when you
drive solo versus when you have 5 people in it? more weight means lower
fuel economy.

You insist that I am incorrect when I allow that it will not affect
the phone's performance by countering that it won't be noticed by the
user. In other words, it wouldn't affect the phone's performance.

performance has absolutely nothing to do with battery life. that's a
separate issue entirely. you are very, very confused.

there is *zero* impact to performance. none whatsoever. zip.

The question was asked if leaving the feature on will cause battery
drain, and requested a "yes" or "no" answer. You said "no", and then
went on to agree that it does. A correct answer from you would have
been "yes, but the drain is so negligible that it is a non-issue."

nope. the answer is no because nobody outside of an engineering lab
with exotic test equipment can find a difference, and even then,
probably not.

i only mentioned the write time difference because people like you try
to find an argument out of *anything*, had i not, you'd have said 'but
you didn't mention that it takes longer to write a larger file'.

You create arguments where there should be no argument by misstating
something and then digging in by claiming there was no misstatement.

it ain't me who is creating an argument.