Old April 9th 08, 10:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.misc,alt.photography
ZenDiver

Default Reflector for infrared photography?

jbk wrote:
We have a digital camera that takes IR photos of animals at night when
they come by and trigger a sensor. The camera is IR sensitive and we
have a separate IR light that lights up the scene. We'd like to
improve the lighting by bouncing the IR light off a reflector, instead
of directly lighting the subject. Do visible-light reflectors sold in
camera shops reflect IR light? If not, what does?

Thanks.

You could try baking foil. That should pretty effectively reflect IR.
If you crumple it up and spread it out you should also get a pretty
evenly diffused 'light' off it. You might even be able to paint the
surface dark so as not to spook the animals with a big shiny thing.
Cheap to try out, so give it a go.

I am just speculating about how effective this will be but it should work.

jon