Old April 17th 13, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_3_]

Default Quandary - DX or FX?

On 2013-04-11 14:20:28 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 2013.04.11 06:30 , David Taylor wrote:
On 10/04/2013 22:03, Alan Browne wrote:
[]
A friend has stuck to DX and now is in a quandary because the price of

14mm lens is so high. Had he gone with FX he would have been able to
use his existing 20mm kit.

The friend might care to look at the Tamron 10-24 mm zoom - quite good
for the price:

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/...24_3p5-5p6_n15

Passed it on but I don't thing he'll go for a zoom, and the review in
that link is not exactly praise for sharpness.

The Tokina 12-24mm f/4 FF does better than both the Tamron and Sigma in
the dpreview conclusion.

I use the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, that is a DX lens and I am more than
happy with that.

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/tokina_12-24_4_n15

The distance between the I and the F is much greater than the distance
between the 9 and the 0. ;-)

--
PeterN