Old March 30th 13, 01:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default Food for thought, camera access to events

Bowser wrote:

Agreed, and it's that lack of consistency that's the problem. I can't
blame them for worrying about video at concerts since bootleggers will
stop at nothing.

Yep, people pay lots and lots of money for shaky videos with
really bad audio. Especially when they can get much better
recordings for less, and legally too.

But stills? Are they really losing money because I
might shoot a few stills?

Of course: people will see how bad/drugged the performers look
after a few songs. That's really terrible, and doesn't match
their corporate image, so we really need the death penalty.

-Wolfgang