Old August 24th 18, 08:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Nikon mirrorless FF's launch. Sony FF sales about to drop. A lot.

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

RichA:
All the potential ship-jumpers will no longer have to. Plus, all
those Nikon lenses and thousands of others once aftermarket
adapters hit.

I think I will skip either one of these. Nikon missed the MILC
target with these two cameras, but it is a start, so perhaps in 4-5
years they will have a good MILC which can replace the D850

In what way did they miss the mark, though? Same resolution, more focusing
points, smaller camera, higher frame rate.

The unknowns, at least to me, is focusing speed. I haven't watched any
reviews yet.

As far as I can determine, the D850 has it beat on shots per battery charge.

Whether it's a worthy competitor to the A7R III is another story.

--
Sandman