Old March 15th 12, 11:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Hamblen

Default First time owner of a 35mm Camera

On 2012-03-14, Robert Coe wrote:

All of my film Nikons had a horizontal shutter, but the shutter on my wife's
Nikkormat was vertical.

Nikon F, F2 and F3/F3AF have horizontally running shutters. Nikon F4,
F5 and F6 have vertically running shutters. The FA, FE/FE2, FM/FM2/FM2n
and FM3a have vertically running shutters. As far as I'm aware the
autofocus bodies have vertically running shutters. The older Nikkormats
had horizontally running shutters, while the autoexposure models had
vertically running shutters.

Bud