Old June 24th 13, 08:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_6_]

Default hyperfocal settings

"Dudley Hanks" wrote:

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message

Dudley, PLEASE do use proper quoting levels!
You're writing as if you wrote the stuff I wrote.

Dudley Hanks wrote:
[snip]

There still is, it's called ADEP.

Only on some models, not the more advanced ones.

It just works a bit differently.

Instead of focusing on two points, separately, you just make sure what you
want falls within the center cluster of focusing points. Anything with a
point on it figures into the DOF calculation.

So you need to make sure all your focus points are on the
subject.

Thus, if the center point is on the horizon, one of the top points is on a
closer cluster of leaves, and a left and right point both cover items
somewher in beetween, the camera will do its best to render everything
from
the leaves to the people to the horizon in focus.

Not everyone shoots landscape.

I haven't used the mode myself, so I can't vouche for how well it works,
but, in theory, it could be used for a quick hyperfocal shot.

Not everyone shoots hyperfocal.

And DEP works for these people, too.

-Wolfgang

Sorry, Wolfgang.

I've recently switched from my old XP equipped computer to one with Windows
7. Subsequently, I no longer have access to Outlook Express. Instead, I am
using Windows Live Mail, a program that isn't all that accessable to my
screen reader.

I have yet to figure out how to set the quoting levels because I can't seem
to access all of the optional settings.

If I can't figure it out pretty soon, I may resort to my old Perl script I
wrote a few years back.

Take Care,
Dudley

Ah, yes, I found it, and it still works, inspite of a
different operating system...

Thank you, Peter Wall, Merlin, and the rest of the guys who
keep this nice little language available...

Gotta love Perl ...

Take Care,
Dudley