Old December 9th 04, 03:52 PM
Big Bill

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:10:05 -0600, Ron Hunter
wrote:

Big Bill wrote:
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:17:18 GMT, Phil Wheeler
wrote:

From: Phil Wheeler

Overseas travel. I have six 1 GB CF cards and get about 240 shots on
each (20D, Large-Fine).

I had three 1 GB cards with me in Hawaii. I'd download those each night to the
laptop. Shooting in RAW mode, I still found myself running out of room on some
days. Guess I shoulda taken the laptop with me.

I travel with a 30 GB X-Drive II for that purpose.

Phil

While that works well for you, I find that a laptop makes a better
companion for myself.
There's a lot to be said for being able to see the pics you shot in
Yellowstone later that night in the cabin.

Quite true, and one reason I HAVE a laptop, but it sure weighs a lot
more than a small box of CF cards....

That's why we have an Expedition! :-)

--
Bill Funk