Old May 7th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Default Teleconverters

John Sheehy wrote:

The AF switch has been off for a long time on my 100-400.

Learn to focus manually, IMO. There are too many wrong things for AF to
focus in in telephoto work, unless you are shooting things that are
isolated from the background.

There is nothing more frustrating than AF that was just spot-on hunting the
wrong way or focusing on the wrong thing while your photo-op ends.

You have to learn how to use the auto-focus modes of you camera and to
specify which points get priority.

Still, for tripod work, I nearly always switch to manual focus on my D200. My
D70 was more problematic as the viewfinder was too small.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse