Old March 22nd 04, 12:36 AM
jjs

Default Rodinal

In article , Gregory W Blank

(Dan Quinn) wrote:

I mentioned a 10ml minimum a couple of years ago and was soon set
straight. IIRC, 3ml give or take a little was bottom. Formulary
Rodinal's minimum is 3.5ml.
The only developing agent in Rodinal is p-aminophenal hydrochloride.
Is that similar to metol? Do you think it might be activated by a
carbonate? I wonder why it is not more used? Dan

At high dilutions its an excellent choice. [...]

In fact, at 1:200 in a tank with all the reels full of film, _all_ films
develop to approximately N-1 to completion using the same developing time:
any time over 50 minutes.