Old February 23rd 14, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Turco

Default Nikon's retro DSLR launches and it looks good

On 2/22/2014 7:50 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 2/20/2014 8:10 PM, John Turco wrote:
On 11/13/2013 7:28 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 11/12/2013 8:44 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , John A.
wrote:

Plus IIRC there are/were digital replacement backs for at least some
MF cameras.

that's a very different situation, since mf cameras were designed to
have interchangeable backs.

And I've always thought these large-format scanning backs were pretty
cool. http://www.betterlight.com/

for still life, sure. not so useful for moving subjects.

OMG! I can't believe that we pretty much agree. ;-p

The scanning backs are also good for some landscape photography, where
wind is not a factor.
IIRC A few months before the Nikon D1 came out, some now defunct company
called Kodak, was making a digital back for the Nikon F3. I was told the
cost would be between 8 @ 15 k depending on the ISO sensitivity I
wanted. Oh yes, it would have almost 1 million pixels.

Hey, Peter, haven't you heard? Kodak http://www.kodak.com is
still around!

Kodak/News Releases - Kodak Rings Opening Bell at NYSE
http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Kodak_Rings_Opening_Bell_at_NYSE.htm

"Wednesday, January 08, 2014"

"Following the company's emergence from reorganization on Sept.
3, Kodak common shares began trading on the NYSE – by far
the world's largest stock exchange – on Nov. 1 under the new
'KODK' symbol."

It would take a lot to convince me to either extend them credit, or
invest in their stock.

C'mon, man; try to be more positive about Kodak, please.

John