Old May 26th 04, 01:26 PM
Mike King

Default K-14 Process- alternatives?

"Film Price Includes Processing" was discontinued in the United States many
years ago, the Federal Trade Commission deemed it restraint of trade.

One reason why it's always useful to indicate your country of origin in
questions of this sort.

Kodachrome is a complicated beastie, but as OP indicated it can be processed
to some sort of BW image, OTOH I have 400 feet of TMax 400 in my freezer and
see no need to experiment. It might be fun to try, I'm sure there are all
sorts of threads about removing the dye layers in older postings.

You do not want to talk the ignorant operator of your friendly neighborhood
mini-lab (he probably thinks of Kodachrome only as a song his dad sang) into
trying to process it. The older Kodachromes are not emulsion hardened and
melt in the 100 degree F. film processors and the newer ones will deposit
Kodachrome's RemJet backing as black cruddies all over the tanks and racks,
invoking all kinds of colorful vocabulary.

--
darkroommike

----------
"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" wrote in
message ...
Of course not.The K-14 process is VERY complex, and there aren't
alternatives.Why don't send to Kodak?"Film price includes processing".

--
Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Iraklion Crete,Greece
Analogue technology rules-digital sucks

I don't care too much about the pics but would like to at least get a
somewhat visible image.

Thanks!

Cheers,
-sd