Old September 12th 18, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Just a question

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 00:18:59 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

This is intended as just a question, and not a position taken on
either side.

Adobe has provided a short video on the later-to-be released
improvements on Content Aware Fill in Photoshop.

It's available to watch at:
https://petapixel.com/2018/09/10/pho...eid=b307a66a15

or http://tinyurl.com/ybv32cks

The question is "Do improvements like this take away the skill aspect
and enjoyment of Photoshop for you?"

It does take away some skill but it also removes a lot of tedious
work. It also seems to add capabilities which are inconceivable for
practical purposes with the present software. To answer your question,
I don't think the process matters nearly as much as the additional
enjoyment and pleasure arising the images I will be able to create.

In other words, is it going to less rewarding to you to improve your
skills in using Photoshop if the improvements mean no skill, or
considerably less skill, is required to do what now takes skill?

As I see it, the same amount of skill will take me further.

Oh, the final product will be done faster and better with the
improvements, but the challenge of learning how to use the present
available tools is lessened.

What's more important to you? The final result, or the accomplishment
of having to hone your skills to get to that final result?

The result: without a doubt.

Eric Stevens