Old September 11th 18, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Default Just a question

Tony Cooper:
Adobe has provided a short video on the later-to-be released
improvements on Content Aware Fill in Photoshop.

It's available to watch at:

https://petapixel.com/2018/09/10/pho...o-get-its-own-
powerful-workspace/?mc_cid=6ddb1e16cf&mc_eid=b307a66a15

or http://tinyurl.com/ybv32cks

The question is "Do improvements like this take away the skill aspect
and enjoyment of Photoshop for you?"

In other words, is it going to less rewarding to you to improve your
skills in using Photoshop if the improvements mean no skill, or
considerably less skill, is required to do what now takes skill?

Oh, the final product will be done faster and better with the
improvements, but the challenge of learning how to use the present
available tools is lessened.

What's more important to you? The final result, or the accomplishment
of having to hone your skills to get to that final result?

Easy one! If it works well and saves me time, then I'm all for it. What
matter is the result, not the process. This applies to any number of
filters, utilities, and routines built into Photoshop and Lightroom.
Focus-stacking for macrophotography comes to mind.

I don't feel at all dirty after producing a photo such as this one
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/34885963754 from multiple
exposures using Photoshop. Or this one, where content-aware fill played
a role https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/43149416492.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm