Old September 28th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
[email protected]

Default Infrared photography

In rec.photo.digital DaveC wrote:

| I want to photograph and video in infrared mode.

I'd like to know the spectral range possibilities of various sensors, both
in how long they can go for IR, and how short they can go for UV (assuming
the filter on the sensor is removed or replaced). I have heard figures of
1000nm and 1200nm for IR, but no figures for UV.

Are there cameras with special sensors that go well beyond what normal cameras
intended for the visible spectrum can do?