Old July 24th 11, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Frank Pittel

Default Jobo & Pre Rinse?

That's a loaded question and I'm sure you're going to get a lot of different answers.
I always used a prewash for a couple of reasons. The first is that without the prewash
my development times were to short at under 5min. The second was that I get more even development.
When I didn't use the prewash I noticed problems with streaking and uneven development.

One thing that's very important is that if you use a multi reel tank you have to fill the
tank with reels or you'll get horrible streaking. I ran into this while using very dilute developers
and needed to use the larger tanks to get the developer volume I needed.

As to my method I bring the wash water to temp in the tempering tank. In my never humble opinion that has the
added benefit of bringing the reels and film to temp so when you add the developer the temp and therefore
contrast is more consistent.

Frank

Darkroom User wrote:

: I have bought a Jobo CPE2 with the lift and a 1540 drum with reels.
: I want to use TMax 100 and 400 in D76 1:1. The instruction book
: recommends a 5 minute pre rinse before pouring in the developer. Is it
: essential to pre soak films if using a Jobo?
: Does anyone here use a Jobo, if so, what is your method?

: --
: Darkroom User

--

Keep working dumbo needs the money