Old August 13th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Jonathan

Default Maximum tele length you can shoot handheld?

RPS wrote:
What is the maximum telephoto length you would be comfortable shooting
handheld, with IS as well as steadying your arm with elbow on a
railing etc, but no tripod? Thanks.

That would greatly depend on the lens. I see some great shots at the end of
a 50-500mm without any image stabilization but I can't do it so it would
also depend on how well you can hold your hands. You should be looking and
asking on some of the binary groups. The birdwatching groups are always
using the big guns.

Jon