Old August 25th 04, 03:17 AM
Michael Scarpitti

"Kokon" wrote in message ...
A Concerned Contributer wrote:
Why don't you shut up and let them ask the question.

The Massive development chart says rated at 200 ISO
the time for 1+100 is 15 minutes 68F....it beats the hell
out of listening to your whining.
http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

Thx, I know the times, I'm rather interested in users' impressions:-) From
my experiences, Ilfordpan400 developed in R09 has comparable grain size to
Neopan400 in Microphen 1:1, but the tones and grain pattern are much better.
It is also sharper. I also liked TMY in D-23, but now I have some Neopans to
shoot;-)

In article ,
(Michael Scarpitti) wrote:

I cannot recommend Rodinal and most fast films. Paterson Acutol is
MUCH better, and I use it on Neopan 400 all the time. Dilute 1+14,
develop for 8 minutes @ 20C/68F.

Forget Rodinal. It is an old, old product. Not recommended for modern
films at all.

Yeah, I know;-)

Blazej

Rodinal has a rather high alkalinity and therefore causes considerable
graininess. Its developing agent is not particulary efficient either,
which means there is some speed loss compared to other products.

Acutol and Neopan 400 are just fabulous together!