Old June 24th 04, 01:17 AM
adm

Default Nikon D70 flash

"Bob" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:54:58 GMT, "MikeS" wrote:

I was lead to understand that the D70 flash synchronisation was up to 500

of
a sec. When I use the built in flash it reads in the view finder 60th of

sec. Seems a bit slow when you reckon that, when the lens is extended to

70
mm (35 mm equivalent of 150 mm) as such a should not the speed be over

150
th of a sec. Also how do you know when its synchronising at 500th of a

sec.
when one goes into the menu the speed options are down from 60 th to 1/2

sec
if my memory serves (camers at Nikons at moment doe to chip not square).
MikeS

I've gotten somewhat confused on that as well... I tried to adjust the

shutter
speed the other day but it stuck at 60, wouldn't move no matter how I spun

the
little wheel! But looking back over my pictures, I notice that the ones I

took
in daylight as fill flash have different speeds, some up to 1/500... so I

guess
in the dark the camera will stay at 60...

Nope. Just make sure you are in shutter priority mode and set whatever speed
you want.