Old June 23rd 04, 11:57 PM
MikeS

Default Nikon D70 flash

"paul" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:54:58 +0000, MikeS wrote:

I was lead to understand that the D70 flash synchronisation was up to

500 of
a sec. When I use the built in flash it reads in the view finder 60th of

sec. Seems a bit slow when you reckon that, when the lens is extended to

70
mm (35 mm equivalent of 150 mm) as such a should not the speed be over

150
th of a sec. Also how do you know when its synchronising at 500th of a

sec.
when one goes into the menu the speed options are down from 60 th to 1/2

sec
if my memory serves (camers at Nikons at moment due to chip not being

square).
MikeS

Indeed the menu shows only from 1/60 down to 30seconds.
but the manual says that in mode P or A the speed will be automatically
set between 1/500 and 1/60

Anyone knows the details?
Thanks folks at least I'm not alone. Its interesting to note that as

fill-in flash it can go to 1/500 but in low light 1/60 which does not
satisfy the rule of shutter speed equalling the 35mm equivalent focal
length.
MikeS