Old May 20th 17, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default X-T2 @ Yosemite Today SOOC

On Sat, 20 May 2017 11:47:05 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Sat, 20 May 2017 11:06:47 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

I downloaded it once more and this time it works. Here is quick dash
with Light Room. I used the dehaze filter and some fiddling with color
temperature.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kaynb57vi...-4603.jpg?dl=0

I understand that you just used dehaze and temperature adjustments, but
the entire color balance seems out of whack to me. I also understand
that you haven't visited Yosemite, and are not familiar with the
character of the rock in the Sierra.

The dehaze does a contrast push which emphasizes saturation. Then add,
what to my eye is way too much warming, and it becomes unnatural and
garish. When I said that is was a subdued, and overcast day I meant it.

What about this one? I've touched nothing which directly affects the
color. No dehaze. No saturation. Basically all that I affected was the
luminance. https://www.dropbox.com/s/35bheu8pon...4603a.jpg?dl=0

And then for the fun of it I tried this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/667qggx4dj...603PS.jpg?dl=0

I loaded it into Photoshop without any adjustments in ACR. The I
created a duplicate layer and set the mode to overlay.

Looks much better than the other one. The sky still seems to have a
purple tinge in that other one.