Old September 27th 04, 05:34 AM
BenOne©

Theseeker wrote:
I am about to buy a colour aerial photo of a sixty square mile area.
The firm supplying these charges more for the image on CD than it does
for a printed photograph. Don't ask me why, I've queried it and the
differential is vast. Obviously I am considering buying the printed
version, scanning it and saving it to CD for future
ehancement/enlargement. Will I lose any quality with this conversion?
I have a SCSI scanner and Photoshop so I am confident I could get
about 1440 dpi.
Would I be better off buying a negative and getting a professional to
digitize it?

I believe you pay more for the "negative" because you are getting the source and
can make as many prints as you like. Most film photographers charge extra to
supply the film.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.