Old September 11th 15, 09:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default A question for Applefans

In article , Andreas Skitsnack
wrote:

Savageduck:
So, the iP4S is the puppy which licked your face and it didn't
matter what it did. You didn't really know any of the features,
or capability. Did you ask anything about the phone?

What's to ask? It's not like what an iPhone was like was a secret.
At the time, many people I was around had iPhones. I could see
enough of what it did to know that it would suffice.

There really weren't that many things to ask about. The facts that
it made and recieved calls, took photographs, and had a display
keypad were givens. (I had one of those phones before with a keys
on the surface instead of a display keypad, and hated it.)

Really, Duck, what would I have learned if I did research?

That an iPhone is way overkill for your needs.

I ended up with a very popular phone at the time just as the people
who did do research did. I knew Apple was coming out with a new and
improved model at some time, but that's always the case. Whatever
you buy today will be outdated tomorrow.

That's not the point.

Andreas Skitsnack:
If I recall correctly, the price was the same on a number of
phones because I had no contract obligation, so it wasn't a
"deal" because of the model. With a contract, all the phones
were just a few bucks and price wasn't a factor.

Savageduck:
You still had no idea of what you were buying.

Oh, c'mon. You don't have to do research to know what an iPhone
does. They're all over the place. You can't be around other people
and not have someone pull out an iPhone. You can't be around other
people and not hear comments about their phone.

Which has nothing to do with anything. You should not have bought an iPhone.
You didn't do proper research and bought the wrong device.

It's like if you would buy a Nikon D4 just because you want to take selfies in
the car. It will obviously take very good selfies, but it's way overkill for
such a task.

Andreas Skitsnack:
What has my head spinning is that this is all something you feel
is important. I can't think why it would be.

Savageduck:
Nowhere have I said that I felt that any of this was important to
me,

You've considered it important enough to type line after line on the
subject. Instead of doing something else with your time, you
decided that castigating me for making what you feel was an
uninformed purchase was more important than doing something else.

Haha, ironic comment of the day.

Savageduck:
and it isn't. What I did say was, I am baffled by what amounts to
your blind consumerism.

You are the blind man who grabs the tail of an elephant and decides
it is shaped like a snake. This is one product, and a very minor
decision for me.

It was no decision for you, you just bought what you recognized by the sound of
it. Your friends have iPhone so whatever, I'll buy one as well, with no thought
about whether it is best for your needs.

--
Sandman