Old September 11th 15, 09:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default A question for Applefans

In article , Andreas Skitsnack wrote:

Savageduck:
It was dumped on you because that particular vendor was clearing
their inventory of EOL iPhones. Knowing your needs they should
have sold you something else. As a allegedly knowledgeable
consumer you should have been more aware when you entered that
establishment.

OK...I took the Otter case off and looked at it. It's a Model
A1387, which - according to the web - makes it an iPhone4S. That
it's a 4S and not a 5 or whatever hasn't made any difference to me,
and I'm no better or worse off for the knowing.

The store didn't dump anything on me. I didn't even talk to a clerk
until I walked up to one and said this is the one I want. I really
don't recall if the 5 was available when I got my 4S. I don't like
to deal with clerks. All this one wanted to do, once I told him
what I wanted, was to bump me up into a higher data plan.

If I recall correctly, the price was the same on a number of phones
because I had no contract obligation, so it wasn't a "deal" because
of the model. With a contract, all the phones were just a few bucks
and price wasn't a factor.

What has my head spinning is that this is all something you feel is
important. I can't think why it would be. It does everything I
want and expect in a phone. Why can't you understand this?

Typical trolling here and willful misinterpretation.

Savageduck thought you were a "knowledgable consumer", he hasn't said anything
about you buying the wrong phone, or proposing a better phone for you. He
probably couldn't care less what phone you use.

He is expressing amazement that you are so ignorant about what you are
purchasing, probably because his image of you was that you were someone that
didn't just buy any old toaster or refrigerator, and that you actually took some
time to do some research into what you spend your money on. That's what he "can't
understand". You have adequately proven him wrong.

--
Sandman