Old September 11th 15, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default A question for Applefans

In article , Andreas Skitsnack
wrote:

Savageduck:
Tony, I am disappointed. Here I was believing that you were a
better informed consumer. Just as there are differences and
improvements in cameras, there are differences and improvements
in iPhones. I have a feeling that you might have had an iP4 or
iP4S dumped on you.

There is a attitude in this group that one person's interests should
be everyone's interest. I don't share that attitude.

It's a phone. It does exactly what I expect a phone to do, and does
some things beyond that. Some of the things it is capable of do not
interest me. When my contract ran out with my previous provider, I
picked out a phone from the display at my current provider.

snip 'it's just a phone, whatever'

Unlike some people who think that everyone who doesn't own the
latest shiny object indicates caveman mentality, I buy what meets my
own needs.

No one in this thread has said anything about you having to have the latest and
greatest. Duck was amazed that you put so little thought and concern into your
purchase of a phone, which is quite the contrary to your above claim that you
bought the phone that met your needs - it is quite clear that you did minimal
to no research to what phone may or may not meet your need, and your entire
tirade about what you use your iPhone for shows that the iPhone does a lot more
than meet your need, and is thus total overkill for your needs.

I don't think others are wrong to feel they need a more
sophisticated device, but I do think they are wrong to think I'm
doing something wrong.

Who said you did something wrong other than not doing proper research to find
the device that best fit your needs?

If I have an iphone 4, (not that I know that I do or don't)

Yes you do - you have been given detailed information on how to determine what
model iPhone you own.

Like I said, don't confuse your interests with mine.

Sigh, typical Andreas illiteracy. Duck never claimed you should have an
interest in smart phones, he was just confused that you were such an uninformed
buyer that you would get just about anything without a single thought about
what you bought. He thought *better* about your judgement than you have shown.

Andreas Skitsnack:
The iPad is an iPad Mini, but I have no idea if there are model
numbers for iPads. Again, I went to the Apple store in the mall
and bought what was available at the time.

Savageduck:
I am baffled by your purchasing methodology. At a minimum I might
have thought you would have done some online research.

Like the phone, it does exactly what I wanted a device to do when I
bought it.

It does a million things more than what you want a phone to do when you bought
it. You bought something that is capable of doing so much more and you use a
fraction of its capabilities

I use it primarily - and almost exclusively - as a way
to display photographs that I've put up on Dropbox.

Which any phone at a tenth of the price of an iPhone can do. You don't need an
iPhone for that.

I didn't need to do online research to know it would do what I
wanted. I'd looked at iPads that other people use and knew what it
would do. I spent more time on the internet finding a good deal on
the Otterbox for my phone than I spent making the buying decision
for either the phone or the iPad.

And that's what amazed Duck, that you would do such uninformed purchases.

--
Sandman