Old July 1st 11, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Pittel

Default Seeking a concise Canon CHDK (Firmware hack) site?

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Walter Banks wrote:

: DanP wrote:

: All of the third party code sets that I know about have appropriate code
: licensing. It is primarily a myth about hacked ECU code magically providing
: dramatic performance improvements. Getting rid of RPM limiters in hacked
: code generally would be an invitation for broken valve springs and bearing
: failures in street cars. It is a self correcting problem
:
: Walter Banks
: Byte Craft Limited
:
: But the user can use non licensed codes, right? Losing the warranty of
: course.
: No car manufacturer would object to it, only advise against it.
:

: It is like any third party add on. Third parties develop original work or
: a combination of licensed and original IP Owners can use the software
: it at their own risk.

: CHDK is mostly Canon's unlicensed IP and that is where the issues
: start to come into it. There is original IP in CHDK that could have
: been turned into an interesting product in my opinion. There is other
: third party code written to support Canon camera's licensed through
: Canon's SDK.

I'm sorry for jumping late but what unlicensed Canon IP is chdk using?

--

Keep working dumbo needs the money