Old December 22nd 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
krishnananda[_4_]

Default No more Noblex cameras

In article
,
RolandRB wrote:

On 31 Jul., 09:32, (Ralf R. Radermacher) wrote:
RolandRB wrote:
If you hadn't noticed, getting roll film developed is becoming more
difficult and more expensive. It is that that has spelled the death of
these cameras. Not some poor management decision. Not competition from
abroad.

Sure. I could tell you now how comparatively easy it is to do one's own
film processing, even without a darkroom. But having followed you on
here for a number of years, you'd just be coming up with more reasons
why you couldn't.

It's always easier to find reasons for not doing things than to actually
do them.

Ralf

And I've followed you here for a number of years as well. Tell me if
what is described in the following article is simple or not in your
opinion.

http://www.lightcatchers.org/gcarlso...processing.htm

Three more steps than developing black and white negatives. Exactly the
same steps as developing T-Max black and white reversal.

What exactly is the problem?

And possibly more important, what does it have to do with Noblex closing
down? Swinging-lens panoramic cameras have always been a niche market at
best. Widelux went belly-up years ago, before anyone had ever thought of
digital photography.

Here's a hint: if you want to switch to all digital photography, do so.
There is some gizmo that attaches a point-and-shoot to a tripod and does
panoramas automatically. I believe it costs about US$300. Knock yourself
out.