Old October 16th 17, 11:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Yashica's $1M Kickstarter camera effort is a philosophical argument held in a looney-bin

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 09:54:38 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

A crude (certainly not fit and finished like a sleek, 1970's rangefinder)
little digital camera with a phone sensor, with which in order to change
modes (ISO, etc) you need to open the camera back and insert fake "film"
cartridges!! All to give you the feel of shooting film again. Personally, I'd
stick to digital cameras and use a used film camera with actual film to get
an "effect." In reality, it's like something you used to get free with a
"Time-Life" magazine subscription in the mid 1990's.

I have a feeling you posted the wrong URL. Was this the one you had in mind?

https://petapixel.com/2017/10/10/yas...era-faux-film-
rolls/

that is one of the dumbest ideas i've seen in a very long time. what's
worse is that it's from an established company rather than a bunch of
hipsters who don't know any better.

I think it's the intended customers who are the "hipsters" who don't
know any better.