Old October 16th 17, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Yashica's $1M Kickstarter camera effort is a philosophical argument held in a looney-bin

In article ,
newshound wrote:

On 16/10/2017 14:54, nospam wrote:
In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

A crude (certainly not fit and finished like a sleek, 1970's rangefinder)
little digital camera with a phone sensor, with which in order to change
modes (ISO, etc) you need to open the camera back and insert fake "film"
cartridges!! All to give you the feel of shooting film again. Personally,
I'd
stick to digital cameras and use a used film camera with actual film to
get
an "effect." In reality, it's like something you used to get free with a
"Time-Life" magazine subscription in the mid 1990's.

I have a feeling you posted the wrong URL. Was this the one you had in
mind?

https://petapixel.com/2017/10/10/yas...era-faux-film-
rolls/

that is one of the dumbest ideas i've seen in a very long time. what's
worse is that it's from an established company rather than a bunch of
hipsters who don't know any better.

I was going to say how are the mighty fallen. Like the Duck, I still
have my Electro 35cc which was in many ways the most useful film camera
I ever owned. I'm still using a ten year old small sensor digital (Ixus
850 IS) which is pretty much it's modern equivalent, when I just need a
pocket camera.

I got my Ixux 50 replaced, sorta with the 70 when a battery battery
failed. I always get myself at least two. As it turned out the cheapest
way to replace it was getting a used 70 and thus the 50 got retired! I
found the Xperia M4 to be the Pocket Instamatic replacement, but the EOS
M is with me often enough and that is the camera that I use the most.
The Ixus 70 takes great pictures for it's size though. It's even smaller
than your 850!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/l9n3jigbwk51kzs/i120718kb4003.jpg
--
teleportation kills