Old November 20th 17, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Ripe Apples

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 17:21:27 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

It's just that the first Retina display emerged in 2012 and I was
fairly sure we had discussed your experiences of deciding on a new
monitor since that date.

that was for a macbook pro, and actually, the first retina display
emerged in 2010, on the iphone 4.

he was considering a display for his desktop.

the first retina imac came out just 3 years ago, in october 2014, later
updated to a wide gamut dci-p3 display a year later, in 2015.

Still comfortably before PeterN made his decision about a replacement
monitor.

he was looking at a separate display, not an all in one mac, which
means he didn't consider retina displays.

Then why did you drag in Retina displays?

because they're much higher quality, much sharper and overall better.

But, as you have now explained, irrelevant to the discussion of
PeterN's needs. So why did you drag them in?

Eric Stevens