Old May 15th 17, 08:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Windows 10 support

In article , Bill W
wrote:

On a related note, my broken PC stopped booting to the USB drives with
the recovery tools. It would boot only if the recovery tools were on a
DVD. I still need to look into that issue. It didn't really matter
much at the time because I had already tried everything I needed the
disk for, and those things didn't work.

welcome to windows.

It feels like welcome to Windows 3.1. Back then, you expected this
nonsense. After all these years, digging around to find solutions has
lost its allure.

the types of problems i see with windows and their solutions boggle the
mind.

macos has its share of problems too (nothing is perfect), but they're
generally a lot less severe and far easier to resolve.

as i said before, a mac can boot from any bootable volume, no matter
how it's connected, even if it's the same physical drive (i.e., remove
internal drive and put it in a usb enclosure or vice versa).