Old November 7th 04, 06:01 AM
Mike King

I used a bunch of this stuff when I worked for a studio. You can use a #10
or #13 safelight (about twice as bright as a #10) with this stuff just like
color paper. The Thomas safelight with the color filters also works well.
I suspect the Jobo and other LED safelights work, too. None of these
safelights is very bright but bright enough you can find the tray in the
dark and not trim your fingers in the paper cutter!

The stuff always seemed to be a little gray, even back when you could get it
in three contrast grades. But I never experienced the fog levels you
describe. It is pretty fast paper so test your setup for fogging
illumination.

--
darkroommike

----------
"sreenath" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

I have some Panalure selecct RC FM paper that I have been using
for making prints from b/w negatives. While I am pleased with the
quality of prints, I am having a big problem with some prints that
end up completely black.

My dark room is not really completely dark, but I have not been having
any problems with regular b/w paper, both RC and fiber.

Is Panalure really so fast that even a small amount of light leakage
can completely fog it? I have been unable to isolate the cause of this
problem. The light reflected from the paper as it is exposed is being
refected back from side wall. Can this be a problem?

Also, I am finding it very difficult to work without safelight.
Is there anythng at all that can be done?

Any tips/hints appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Sreenath