Old January 8th 18, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default thumbnail sizes

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

...er, OK. It seems we are talking at cross purposes. While I have produced
many JPEGs, I have not gone out of my way to deliberately produce
thumbnails.

Me neither, but some people do :-)

Maybe he wants to have a directory that loads and browses fast with
small versions of the photos. Who knows?

no point in that when apps do that far better, faster and with far more
flexibility.

For instance, somebody I knew generated them in order to create a web
page on his home server. The user would see a bunch of photos, click on
one and get the large version. So he wanted to generate much smaller
versions to optimize load time for the preview.

couple of clicks to export a webpage that does that (and more).

Yeah, sure, there will be some product out there that does it all. Where
is the joy in it, instead of doing it yourself completely? Or maybe he
was creating one of those "products" :-P

if you like making more work for yourself, go for it.

it's the linux way.