Old March 22nd 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Default Inkjet printing both sides

Hi Paul,

Are you referring to a tracing Vellum? Some of them are really
interesting to print on with inkjet.

Art

Paul Furman wrote:
Terry Pinnell wrote:
Arthur Entlich wrote:

Is the paper thin enough to clear through the paper transport? Is
the paper thick or rigid enough to get through the printer, and not
get too wet and soft, or bleed ink through the back?

I like printing color architectural renderings on thin tracing paper. It
has a nice tight almost glossy surface and doesn't require much ink. It
might be interesting with photos as an artsy experiment :-) It's amazing
such flimsy stuff can be fed through an inkjet.

.-------------------------------------.
|.----------------. .----------------.|
|| | | ||
|| Back | | Front ||
|| | | ||
|'----------------' '----------------'|
|.----------------. .----------------.|
|| | | ||
|| Inside Left | | Inside Left ||
|| | | ||
|'----------------' '----------------'|
'-------------------------------------'

The major problem I had was getting the images and gaps positioned
correctly for the folds. I was using PaintShop Pro 8, but I'm darned
if I've ever properly understood why the Print Preview can't give a
workably accurate representation of what I'll actually get. In the end
I resorted to trial/error, using b/w economy mode. If anyone has any
practical advice on this aspect I'd appreciate hearing it please.

Again, in reference to architectural CAD plotting: "plotting is always
painful" it is really hard to place things on the page and know the
margins. Ultimately trial and error, then plugging the real margins into
the custom paper size of the print driver and some registration marks in
the artwork so you can see where the margins are. Plus some room for slop.