Old July 29th 16, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Photographer threatened over her own photos

android Wrote in message:
PeterN Wrote in message:
On 7/29/2016 5:54 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 7/28/2016 5:20 PM, Mayayana wrote:
Interesting story here, about one Carol Highsmith
facing demands from Getty Photos for payment to
use her own photos, which she put in public domain:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...etty-images-fo
r-selling-photos-she-donated-to-public/

All of her public domain photos are searchable at
the Library of Congress. Here's a link for the car buffs:

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/search/?...allery&q=cars&
fi=all&sg=false&op=AND

Want an Ansel Adams hanging on your wall. Download one of these in hi
res and print it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=publ...parks+an sel+
adams&biw=800&bih=407&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&s a=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLnobWyJfOAhU
DGx4KHTM9ClwQ7AkIJg

Thanks Peter. I might just do that! It won't be the same without Mr
Adams crafty printing though... Is there a server fee?

AS I understand it, totally free.

Good to know... Adams work kan be accessed Goog free at:

https://catalog.archives.gov/search?...Id=519830&f.le
vel=item&sort=naIdSort%20asc

http://tinyurl.com/zkbqctv

or

https://catalog.archives.gov/id/519830

kxcjcbjdfbcjhbcebdkc typo mashinee! I can spell can!
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/