Old August 25th 11, 09:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete A

Default Annika 1980

On 2011-08-25 02:59:15 +0100, Paul Furman said:

tony cooper wrote:
[...]
The Shoot-In disappoints me in that there is very little in the way of
critiques.

I really don't like to be mean, I comment on what I like but even that,
I feel mean leaving people out. I have done critical comments but end
up feeling like a bore.

Agreed and in my case I have less knowledge and experience than many of
you (as I've mentioned before). I enjoy learning, but remain
uncomfortable writing critiques.

Recently, I've had to accept my inability to learn some aspects of
composition and framing. Instead of giving up, I've decided to progress
my unique (whacky) styles, create a few more, and see where they take
me. As I travel along this path I'll become even less able to give
worthwhile critique to others and vice versa. That may sound arrogant,
but it's probably my best option.