Old March 4th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default Almost Arrested In NYC

"That_Rich" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 21:21:34 +0100, Andrew Price
wrote:

When I was in Europe about 20 years ago, I noticed that
some of the door knockers and hinges were very old and quite
beautiful.....One could make photographing these a great hobby also.....

There's enough of those in Paris to keep you busy for many years.

The colonial areas of Mexico have some wonderful doors. In fact there
are several photo books on this subject, most notably _The Doors of
San Miguel_.

Mexico, in general, is full of great artwork.....the people are too poor to
do much of anything else, and their art is bold and strong, and full of
brilliant colors.....It reminds me of Van Gogh.