Old March 4th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default Almost Arrested In NYC

wrote in message
ups.com...
I guess it makes sense with all the added post 9/11 security measures,
but I have been questioned numerous times taking photos of manhole
covers in the city. I've traveled the world taking pictures - not
always of manhole covers of course - and never been hassled, but it's
happened on more than one occasion here. I suppose photagraphing
anything that's affiliated with the 'workings' of the city could be
presumed as suspicious activity. This hasn't dampened my enthusiasm,
I just thought it was interesting to share.

John

Some city appliances are very old and interesting.....Not only manhole
covers, but also fire plumbing......There are brass fire fittings that date
back into the 19th century and are still in use. these would be interesting
to photograph also. When I was in Europe about 20 years ago, I noticed that
some of the door knockers and hinges were very old and quite
beautiful.....One could make photographing these a great hobby also.....