Old August 19th 15, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default When photography becomes a LIE!

| http://stuppid.com/beauty-ads-lie/

And how do we know that "stuppid.com"
is being honest? They say themselves that
they're posting "stupid news". They're hosted
on godaddy. (Home of the $2 website.) And
the owner is secret.

Not that I doubt the story in general. Looking
at magazines it's obvious. When I bought Paint
Shop Pro 16 it actually came with a program
specifically designed for enhancing photos of
women. I didn't install it. As I recall it required me
to sign up and give them personal info. So I don't
know exactly what the program could do. It
appeared to specialize in reshaping faces.

I was thinking about this issue last week when I
saw a young woman on SNL who calls herself
Iggy Azalea. A white Australian (?) rapper who
seems to mostly sing about herself while moving
around like a stripper. She was tall and thin, wearing
some kind of tights. Her hips were so impossibly
curvy for her build that I figured her tights must
have been padded. It struck me as just so odd, that
an attractive young, fit woman in her 20s thinks it's
a good idea to pad her body, presumably because
cartoon superheroes and retouched magazine photos
have become the norm.