Old June 1st 15, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default OT photography & equipment, New toy

On Jun 1, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

On 6/1/2015 12:16 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 31, 2015, MC wrote
(in ):
PeterN wrote:

I was playing with a new toy this morning.
This is just a test shot, but I was happy with the capability.

A moderate crop

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878.jpg

A severe crop:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878_crop.jpg

The severe crop was made by cropping the low res jpeg crop:

Obviously not doing the job you want it to do if you have to (yet
again) crop your images. The second image of the two is sh*t, why
bother posting it? Bin it.

MC

I have to agree. I don’t see the point of cropping from a low res jpeg.
The
result is going to to be messy, and this one is particularly bad.

What were you trying to do?

If you wanted a tight crop you should have done that to the RAW file in LR,
or the converted RAW in PS, but never to a JPEG.

From the PSD. I think it's about 50% too heavy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...avy%20crop.jpg

Well, …er, OK. That is at least better than that messy JPEG crop, but as an
example of a good macro shot it still leaves much to be desired. I would
start with the focus on your alleged subject, the wasp. This is one of those
times where things didn’t come together to give you the perfect shot.
…and I am sure the wasp wasn’t cooperating.

Savageduck