Old October 6th 04, 05:03 PM
Johan W. Elzenga

David J. Littleboy wrote:

Look again. The same site has a test of the original 1Ds, compared to
medium format. The result is that MF does indeed still win, but only
with a very small margin. I quote just a few sentenses: "There is no
area in which 35mm film scans are superior, and the 645 scan is only
superior in terms of its ability to make prints larger than 13X19".

Hmm. Doesn't that mean that 645 is better than the 1Dsg.

Yes, it does. But is it a coincidence that you deleted my next quote?
That said ""The 645 scan clearly can produce a significantly larger
file, and while the resolution seems more or less comparable to the
1Ds', again the grain in the sky is clearly inferior."

Doesn't that mean that the 1Ds is better than 645?g

Also, do remember that we are discussing the 1Ds MARK II, and that this
comparison is with the original 1Ds, not the MARK II.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/