Old June 9th 12, 03:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Me

Default Canon releases!!!....another DSLR

On 9/06/2012 12:19 a.m., RichA wrote:
On Jun 8, 5:58 am, wrote:
wrote:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/06...-EOS-650D-Rebe...

The key feature is the hybrid AF system with phase detect on the
sensor.

If it can eliminate the dreaded DSLR focus errors were nearly always
see now (a D800 I used on the weekend had a error that amounted to 1"
using a 35mm lens at 2ft) then great!

AFAIK the on-sensor PDAF on this camera works only in movie and LV modes.
I suspect many of the PDAF "errors" that get reported are simply the
result of sloppy testing, and/or exacerbated by AF point marking in
viewfinders not corresponding with actual AF points in the AF module itself.
Canon's hybrid AF isn't there to solve the problem that you in
particular seem to experience alarmingly often, but to get AF that works
reasonably well with larger formats and lenses not specifically
optimised for CDAF.