Old November 20th 04, 11:37 AM
Bill Crocker

As a rule, extenders do a lot to degrade the image. Added to that, Tamron
leaves a lot to be desired. There is a reason why Canon's cost more.
Consider using a Canon 1.4x, if you have to use one at all. A 3x is almost
a joke.

Bill Crocker

"Don" wrote in message
Folks

I have been trying to use the Tamron SP AF TeleConvertor 300F-CA 2X with
my 400 F5.6 L series lens but the results are dismal. I obviously was
aware I would have to manual focus but I haven't been able to get a sharp
shot or even a keeper for that matter yet. Any one has any ideas or
similar experience or would care to comment and assist me if I am doing
something wrong. I have tried from F11 to F14 on tripod etc.

regards

--
Don From Down Under