Old April 21st 17, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Film scanners?

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 16:26:32 -0600, "Russell D."
wrote:

Bill, I can take shoot a roll of TriX and develop it in D-76 1:1 and get
one look and then stand develop another roll in 1:100 Rodinal for an
hour and get another look and then develop another roll in coffee
(Caffenol) for yet another look. It's fun. You cannot duplicate the
experience or the look with digital. Film has a unique look. It is not
better or worse than digital. It is just different.

Well of course it's different. But so would two film photos taken of
the same subject under the same exact conditions. If one looks
*better* than the other to some people, it's merely happenstance, and
nothing else.

I understand that certain things are fun to some people, and I'm not
criticizing anyone who does film. But there are people who keep
claiming that film looks better, or that you can achieve looks in film
that you can't with digital, and that is the part that makes no sense
to me.