Old October 26th 17, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default OT, kinda, video

On Oct 26, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Oct 26, 2017, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Thursday, 26 October 2017 15:56:55 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 26, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 10/25/2017 12:07 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 25, 2017, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

While this isn't directly related to photography, it will be
interesting to some here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wxc...ature=youtu.be

There are those here who can't understand why someone would be
interested in still doing film photography or developing their own
film. Those still shooting film, though, have an appreciation for the
"old way" and an admiration of the mechanics involved.

The video is about a guy who has a similar appreciation and admiration
in a somewhat related area.

Yup! That was interesting.

Old technology is always interesting, just think of steam engines, or
warbirds.

Not a great image, bu I just felt like making it. I haven't decided if I
will continue to play with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01gjzj6ig79jhsy/Warbirds.jpg?dl=0

Not my kind of thing, that sort of composite, but if you are just playing,
go
ahead.

My preference would be to present individual images of the B-29, B-25,
B-17,
P-51, A-10, and eagle.

I heard the other night on TV regading bombers, that the expression the
whole
9 yards comes from the belt lengh of the guns on the B-17 as in give them
the
whole or full 9 yards.

That is correct. A belt of .50 caliber ammo in an ammo can for the M2
Browning machine guns mounted in the various turret, and waist positions were
about 27 feet, or 9 yards long.

BTW: Depending on the ammo can type you would have either 270 or 380 rounds
of .50 Cal linked with metal links. The “nine yard” cans held 270 rounds.
The other thing to consider is the actual weight of each of those cans with
that much ammo, and the metal link belt.

I always thought it was an american football term ;-0

Nope.

And my favourite warbird

http://www.startrek.com/database_art...omulan-warbird

Fantasy doesn’t count. You need something that has actually done the work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/di73lh4w4h87p81/DNC_5157B1w.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iojfnm2rfj6z2g/DNC_4955B1w.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5uyshkc0p1ttr9/DNC_5019B1w.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/38e4wep8gka4bj6/DNC_4900-E2.jpg